- Workshop Objectives & Agenda
Lean Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Who Finds Value in Lean Six Sigma
- A Brief History of Continuous Improvement
- The premise of Lean
- The Premise of Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma - a powerful combination
- Process Improvement Roles
- Black Belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt/White Belt, Master Black Belt
- Project Champions, Executives, Process Owners
- Core Elements of Lean Six Sigma
- Understanding customer requirements
- Streamlining flow/maximizing value
- Controlling variation/eliminating defects
- Continuously improving performance
- Process Improvement Roles and Responsibilities
- Leaders, Champions, Project Team Members - Black Belts, Green Belts, Yellow Belts/White Belts
- Lean Six Sigma Improvement Examples
ACTIVITY: What issues in the examples are issues in your organization?
Executing Improvement Projects
- DMAIC Project Model
- ACTIVITY: Simulation – "Six Sigma Station": Round
- Define: Setting up the Project
- Define roadmap & overview
- Voice of the customer & requirements
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Identify customer requirements (collecting VOC).
- Charter: Business case, problem and goal statements
- COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality)
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Develop a problem and goal statement.
- SIPOC diagrams
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Simulation – Create a SIPOC diagram.
- Detailed process mapping
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Simulation – Create a detailed process map.
- Spaghetti Chart
- Define checklist
- Measure: Validating the Problem; Tracking the Process
- Measure roadmap and overview
- Inputs and Outputs ("Xs" and "Ys")
- Operational definitions
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Review feedback data, refine goals.
- Measure checklist
- Analyze: Understanding the Cause
- Analyze roadmap and overview
- Data display tools
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Data display (Histogram and Pareto Chart).
- Value Analysis
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Analyze the “value” and determine the status of each step.
- Cause & effect analysis / Five Whys
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Identify root causes of inability to meet customers’ needs.
- Analyze checklist
- Improve: Developing and Implementing Solutions
- Improve roadmap and overview
- 5S and workplace organization
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Simulation – "Six Sigma Station": Round 2.
- Improve checklist
- Control: Sustaining & Monitoring Solutions
- Control roadmap & overview
- Elements of a control plan
- Control checklist
- Redesign: When Improving A Process Isn't Enough
- More precisely defining customer requirements
- Types of waste
- Cell design
- Single piece flow
- Eliminating batch processing
- Customer pull and takt time
- Visual Controls
ACTIVITY: Simulation – Simulation – "Six Sigma Station": Round 3.
- How Does The Simulation Compare to Real Life?
- What Next Steps Can You Take?
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of your business
- Apply DMAIC to an existing or upcoming project
- Evaluate and adjust your measurement system
Contact us for more information.